Creating sexy, defined waves that look natural can be challenging. Here’s a simple way you can make waves this summer, at the beach or at the office:
- Wash your hair as you normally would and condition.
- Squeeze out excess water from your hair and gently towel-dry. Use a wide tooth comb to detangle.
- Apply a salt-infused styling product such as Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray ($30.45) for hold and natural texture. Comb through hair to evenly distribute.
- Braid hair in sections. Keep in mind that larger braids will give you looser waves. Have fun experimenting with this part until you find the size and number of braids that gives you the look you want!
- Let hair dry naturally, or blow dry. It’s important to make sure hair is completely dry before you remove the braids. Otherwise, your waves will not have fully taken shape and will fall flat.
- When hair is completely dry, take out the braids. Shape your now wavy hair with your fingers, and style as desired. You may wish to apply hair spray for added hold, especially if your hair is very fine.
Congratulations! You’ve just created post-swim waves…without going near the ocean!
Disclaimer: Prices correct at time of publishing. Women's Hair Magazine bears no responsibility for inaccuracies in pricing and product description.